Does your heart beat for beach volleyball, huge events and a glorious beach feeling? Are you open-minded, communicative and interested in sports? If this sounds like the perfect mix then apply NOW to be part of the Swatch FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour Finals volunteer team!
Between August 22-27 this summer, Hamburg will host the end-of-season spectacular that is the Swatch World Tour Finals. Thousands of fans will descend on the northern German city and rock the iconic stadium Am Rothenbaum.
As a volunteer, you’ll get exclusive insight into one of the biggest sporting events of the year. It’s an amazing networking opportunity to get in touch with the beach volleyball community and, of course, make lots of new friends.
How can I apply?
The application process couldn’t be easier. To register, all you need to do is fill out our application form, which you can find here. Please ensure you enter your correct email address, because all information about the registration process and further steps will be sent to you by email.
What work can I do?
As the Swatch Beach Volleyball FIVB World Tour Finals is a top tier beach volleyball event, a number of different departments are in need of your help. We have split this into following working areas:
- Beach Girld / Phot Hostess: You are accompanying our athletes to photo stops and press conferences to be in the pictures and present our sponsors.
not available anymore:
- Sport: The sports department offers different positions such as: preparing the official players’ jerseys and tops with numbers, names and country codes; taking care of players’ requests and ensuring workflow on courts runs like clockwork.
- Organization team: As part of the organization team, you will be a point of contact for requests from players, crew and suppliers. You will help with the accreditation system, beverage service, crew outfits and take care of any other daily business that needs attending to.
- Social Media: If Instagram stories, Twitter and Facebook’s your thing, then why not apply to help out our social media team? If you have the humour and creativity to post when it matters most we want to hear from you. You’ll also get the chance to interview players and fans, so if you’re interested in a future role in the media then this could be the role for you.
- Media relations: In this role, you will help with handling international and national journalists’ and TV crews’ requests to the media team on site during the tournament.
- Beach Girls: Are you confident in front of the camera and be willing to be the face of the event and represent the FIVB World Tour Finals? We’re on the lookout for motivated, team players over the age of 18 to form part of our Beach Girls team.
- Beach Majors Store: At the Beach Majors Store, we sell our official merchandising items such players’ jerseys, t-shirts, tops, caps, towels and sunglasses – amongst other things. You will help the shop manager with selling products, keeping the store in order, helping customers, folding clothes and decorating. We are looking for somebody who is communicative, trustworthy, extrovert, has the ability to sell and can deal with high-pressure situations.
- Runner: Just like at any big, international sporting event, the need for helping hands is vitally important. We’re after runners who can turn their hand at anything at the drop of a hat. So if you’re a quick-thinker and are able to use your initiative, please don’t hesitate and apply to be one of our runners.
What do I get in return?
Apart from the experience of working at an international sporting tournament and having a great time, you’ll receive a Swatch watch, an official outfit and your meals during your working hours. Unfortunately, accommodation is not included, however, you will be treated to a surprise come the end of the tournament, so apply now and join our great team behind-the-scenes!
How does the application process work?
The deadline for the online application process ends August 16. In the second application round, we’ll invite you to a Skype interview - at this point you will receive further information about your volunteer experience.
So, if you’re motivated, enjoy working in a team and you are free between August 22-27, what are you waiting for?
Fill out your application now
Thank you for your interest in helping us - see you @ the Beach!