Let us tell you why Hamburg is the perfect spot to host the massive end-of-season climax
If you’ve got plans between August 22-27, cancel them. If you have no plans – make some. Why not come with us, as the Swatch Beach Volleyball FIVB World Tour Finals heads to Hamburg.
That’s right people, as we had the pleasure of revealing, we’ll be ending the season in style as the Hamburg Major becomes the Swatch World Tour Finals at the Rothenbaum Stadium – and we’d really love it if you were with us. We really would.
However, if you’re still not convinced, here are five fantastic reasons to make you pack your suitcase, book the flight or jump in the car and click through the turnstiles to witness world class beach volleyball action. At the very least, stick a reminder in your diary, okay?
- It’s in Hamburg! This place is one of Germany’s great cities. Millions of tourists flock here every year to live and breathe the city’s culture. There’s something here for everyone, so after a day of beach volleyball action there’s plenty to keep you interested. Hamburg is your oyster. It’s also one of the best connected cities in Europe so it’s a piece of cake to get there. Throw in the great German cliché of everything running efficiently and you’ve got the makings of one of the best beach volleyball tournaments of all time!
- Tickets are free. They say the best things in life a free, and the same can be said of this beach volleyball tournament. There’s no charge to enter the stadium for this epic week-long extravaganza – only if you want to experience the stunning VIP packages (more information of which will be coming soon, by the way). Be quick though, the seats will go quickly – especially for the final few days as the competition reaches its exciting climax. Oh, and especially if a German team are involved in the final shake-up!
- Deutsch delight! Host nation Germany are currently enjoying a golden generation on the beach. It doesn’t come much better than reigning Swatch World Tour Finals champs Laura Ludwig and Kira Walkenhorst winning Olympic gold on the Copacabana, does it? Then there’s Fort Lauderdale bronze medalists Laboureuer/Sude, new team on the block Borger/Kozuch and Olympians Böckermann/Flüggen. Plus, let’s not forget there is a rich pool of up-and-coming young talent also making a name for themselves, so there’s no better time to follow German beach volleyball.
- It’s the Finals! The clue is in the name. This will be the best of the best, the crème de la crème. As we saw in Fort Lauderdale in 2015 and in Toronto last year, 12 teams per gender will go toe-to-toe to compete for one of the biggest prizes in the history of beach volleyball. It will be high-quality action every step of the way. Let’s also not forget this tournament follows the World Championships in Vienna so revenge could be high on the agenda for all of the teams involved…
- Remember last year? Like it was yesterday! The smart Major Hamburg was a huge hit. Thousands of fans soaked up the sun in 2016 and were left impressed by the top level digging and spiking on the sand. On the day of the women’s final there wasn’t an empty seat in the stadium. The atmosphere and the energy was spine tingling. Now imagine that with even more at stake at the end of the season…
So there you have it. If these reasons aren’t good enough to convince you to make plans to hit Hamburg we don’t know what will.
All we want is you to be there with us – and we would hate it if you missed out!
Hamburg, the finals are coming for you!